Monday, January 25, 2010

Bargain Shopping and Great Blessings

So I don't claim to be an all-star bargain shopper. I'm not. I just don't have the patience for it. Well, we're saving for a big vacation, and that means pinching pennies! Well, while I'm not a pro, I feel pretty good about what we bought last weekend.

A couple of weeks ago we bought ground beef (93/7) for $1.99/pd. Considering that it's usually more than $3, I was pretty happy. When we saw the same price at Albertsons this week, we knew we'd be stopping by this week. We got to Albertson's the meat had to be sold by the next day so it was 99 cents a pound! I was thrilled. We also went there for pasta sauce, because they had Ragu for $1.00 a bottle. We eat pasta, and other such things made with pasta sauce all the time. So we grabbed 20 bottles. And that was it, we headed to the check out, and when we were done the cash register spit out six coupons for $2 off our next transaction. So I went back today and bought twelve packages of pasta -- FOR FREE! I know I spent money to get it, but for me, it's pretty good!

In other news, two of our friends received a great blessing this week ... a baby! They haven't been able to have children of their own, and yesterday they brought home a precious little girl, whose mother is going to let them adopt her. They start the legal paperwork tomorrow, so be in prayer for them until the guardianship, and then the adoption are finalized. In the meantime, I'm shopping for baby stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment