Sunday, September 19, 2010

Counting My Blessings

I'm currently sitting in a hotel in Charlotte, NC just counting my blessings. One blessing in particular ... my fantastic husband, who surprised me with a quick over night trip for a "fancy dinner" that turned out to be a trip to see the touring show of Mary Poppins! (Sidenote: He wanted to see it on Broadway, but a) the flights didn't look great and b) the hotel was literally 4 times the price!)

I can't tell you how amazing it was! You all may not know this, but when I was little (like 3-year-old little), the only movie I had was Mary Poppins. It was a tape my grandmother had recorded off of Disney Channel (she had fancy cable with Disney -- it was pretty nifty!!). I watched that tape every.single.day. Seriously. You can ask my parents. I had every word of that movie memorized, so you can imagine how much I've been wanting to see the play. It did come to Dallas, but at that point, I was still holding out to see Wicked again :)

Well during intermission, the theater here was showing clips from upcoming plays, and one of them was "White Christmas" which just reminded me to count my blessings....



I'm so thankful to have a husband who is so thoughtful, and finds so many ways to show his love! I hope he realizes he's going to be listening to the soundtrack he bought me for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment