Sunday, April 25, 2010

I hate bugs!

This is one way my mother and I are practically identical. We despise bugs. Like, I can't even explain to you how much I hate them. I will never be one of those people who likes to camp or fish or be in any way outdoorsy because I hate bugs so much.

The worst part? I feel like they LOVE me. Especially mosquitos. I can go outside with 20 people and be the only one with a mosquito bite. Only it won't just be one bite; it'll be twenty bites. That's probably one reason why I'll never love summer. That and the 130 degree weather, but I digress.

The one thing I hate most about apartment life (now that my noisy upstairs neighbors are pounding on someone else's ceilings), is my complete inability to control the pest population in my apartment. I can clean for days, but I can't control the people that I share my walls with. The thought makes me a little nauseous.

So when I woke up this morning to Steven informing me that our dog had fleas (again), I cursed Frontline for it's inability to do anything worthwhile, and set out to de-bug my apartment for the millionth time again.

So here's what I need... help! What are your favorite bug killers? We're trying the new Raid Bug Barrier stuff (that's supposed to kill roaches ... don't even get me started on how I feel about roaches). And I have my trust bug zapper and ant/roach traps set. But what else can I do?? Especially for the fleas. My poor baby is bug-free now, but I can't spend the whole summer fighting this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment