Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bonding over Blogs

I promise the rest of the Disney photos are coming soon. I've just been too busy lazy to finish editing. And they look so much prettier edited. So you'll all just have to wait with bated breath for my five selective shots of Magic Kingdom park and my overabundance of random pictures from Hollywood Studios.

I recently introduced my Mom to The Pioneer Woman. I think her blog is really funny, and I love her recipes.  Well, I'm now addicted to her Tasty Kitchen blog as well, mostly because of this ridiculous recipe. WARNING, clicking this link will result in weight gain. Proceed with caution.  If you haven't tried it you should, only you shouldn't because it's very very bad for you (read: amazingly yummy). Just be sure to pair it with good ice cream. I suggest Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. Even though its ridiculously expensive a little pricey.

But I digress, my point is, my Mom and I have had more than one entertaining conversation (and one very yummy dessert that my whole family fell in love with) because of The Pioneer Woman's blog. She's honest, funny, and incredibly human, which is what makes her so fun to read. It's also entertaining to see a grown woman who is not ashamed to photograph and flaunt her husband's backside (you go girl).

I think that's the great thing about blogging. It gives you a chance to express yourself, and it makes for a great conversation starter. My mom and I talked for 10 minutes about Panko breadcrumbs after today's post. It gives us common ground for discussion that doesn't include anything about our family members. It's just plain ole girl talk, and it's fabulous. So thank you, Ree for starting conversations. I love talking to my mom, and talking about your food makes it even better.

So what blogs do you love. Who inspires you to get in the kitchen, or bust out the craft supplies, or pick up the phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment