Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ten Days of Gratitude: Day One

I'm stealing this from a fellow blogger (who stole my "Respect the Bird" title... love it!!), and I'm going to make a desperate attempt to do this every day, BUT for those of you who know me and love me (I hope), you know that I'm really really bad at the follow through on such things. So here goes...

Today I'm grateful for my husband's job, because while it isn't making us rich with money, it does provide us the opportunity to do things that we'd never be able to do otherwise. And I'm not just talking about my two birthday trips this year.

Because of the nature of my job, I have to travel. And I hate, hate, hate being away from my family for so long. If it weren't for Steven's job, we'd never be able to afford for him to come and visit me on long trips, and that would make spending two weeks in Chicago unbearable.

So thank you to my husband's employer. For putting up with his craziness, and for giving us the opportunity to do so much more than we could ever afford to do otherwise. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Now I don't feel so bad for stealing! I am sure work travel gets old, but how I envy your time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete