Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bittersweet

I'm sitting in the midst of an apartment in complete disarray. In just about 2 weeks, we're moving down the street into a larger apartment. We're thrilled. We have a new sofa, dining set, and washer/dryer on the way, and we can't wait to have more space.

But as I pack up dishes and shop for curtains, I have to admit that I'm a little sad. We moved here when we married, and despite the fact that there's not much space, and the complex isn't the nicest, we've made this home over the past few years. It's cozy and homey and we've loved spending many nights snuggled on our old, lumpy, comfy couch.

I know this is just the first of what will likely be several moves over the course of our marriage, but I'm still a bit sad about it. I know I'll get over it quickly when we're settled into our new place. Maybe I'm just sad that I'll be spending most of the next two weeks packing... oh procrastination...

No comments:

Post a Comment