Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Two Years




On Monday Steven and I celebrated our Second Wedding Anniversary! It's so hard to believe that two years have already gone by.

On that day I was completely unemployed! I'd just finished up an internship, and interviewed for the position I'm in now, but I didn't get the job until we were on our honeymoon. And even then, I wasn't permanent until late last fall! Even through the times of me being un- and under-employed we have been incredibly blessed.



We spend most evenings just like we did two years ago, snuggled up on our sofa (at least it's bigger now!) with our big ol lump of a dog, Foster.



I can't say it's all been easy. We've dealt with parental illness and almost a year ago we lost Steven's mom in a very tragic accident. I still tear up often thinking about her, and I'm very prone to snap at people who gripe about their mother-in-laws because I would give anything to have her back in our lives.




We've been on some amazing vacations thanks to the awesome benefits we get through Steven's job. Since our wedding we've been to:

  • St. Kitts (Honeymoon!)
  • Las Vegas (me for work, Steven to come visit me)
  • Disneyworld
  • San Diego
  • Disneyland
  • Atlanta
  • Charlotte (Steven took me to see Mary Poppins for my birthday last year!)
  • Chicago (me for work, Steven to come visit me)
  • Hawaii
  • Philadelphia (again me for work, Steven to visit)
I am so lucky to be married to my best friend. I'm spoiled rotten. Steven's surprising me with a trip to somewhere for the weekend to finish up the celebration! I think he's trying to catch up because he got an iPad.

Looking back over the past few years since we've met makes me unbelievably happy. I always knew that some day I would meet my own Prince Charming (thanks to watching too much Cinderella!), and I am so lucky to spend my life with someone who loves me so much! I'm looking forward to the next 2, and the 2 after that, and the 2 after that, and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment