Sunday, September 20, 2009

Go Cowboys!


I grew up in Texas. This means that football is not completely foreign to me. I (vaguely) remember the Cowboy's glory days in my childhood. I loved high school football, and followed Baylor football (sad as it may have been) throughout my college days.

One thing that was never prominent in my life was the Sunday afternoon obsession with professional football. Up until a year and a half or so ago, I really didn't know (or care) who was NFC vs AFC, and I usually had to look up who was going to the Super Bowl the week before so I didn't sound utterly clueless.

What can I say? Until I was 15, there was only one man in my house (seriously... even the cat was a girl), and my Dad was never a huge football fan. When we watched sports, it was typically the Olympics or occasionally baseball when my Aunt was around. Football was reserved for Friday Nights and Super Bowl parties with the youth group.

I am currently experiencing my second football season married to a die hard fan, who is from a die hard fan family. I have to say, it is an experience! I may not be the biggest football fan, but I am, slowly but surely learning to roll with it. And hey, the occasions where you can yell at the TV without looking like a complete idiot are few and far between. So, like it or not, I'm becoming a football... wait, scratch that ... Cowboys fan.

But I WILL NOT be caught dead in a pink Tony Romo jersey. I can promise you that!

No comments:

Post a Comment