Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Put on Your Running Shoes...

Ok, so it's more like dig them out of the bottom of the closet. I can admit that I'm not great ... ok make that I'm really bad ... about working out. When I do it all the time, I actually enjoy it, but I have trouble getting started, and I get distracted ... ok make that I make excuses ... alot.

But that ends today (I hope!). Laura and I are starting Couch to 5K tonight! It's a 9 week running program for people who aren't runners (like me!). We'll probably take more than 9 weeks to get through it (most of what I've read says most people take at least 12). It also only requires exercise 3 times a week (totally doable) and it transitions you up slowly from walking to jogging.


Now for the goal: Allison (other little sister) is on student council this year and they're working a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure later in the year. We want to be able to do more than walk it, we want to be able to run it!

In hopes of keeping myself accountable, I'm going to post how the workout goes every week. If you don't see a post here 3 times a week (we're aiming for Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday), call me on it!

That's all for now... week 1 starts tonight! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice!! I love running and recently replaced my old running shoes with new one which got from Sports Authority...

    ReplyDelete