Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sometimes It Rains

And oh, how it rains.

My family has suffered heartbreak this week. My beloved mother in law, Donna, was in a swimming accident and passed away while on vacation with my father-in-law in Corpus Christi. My husband, brother-in-law and I all flew down to be with my second dad yesterday, and drove him back today. The rain started last night (quite literally) and followed us all the way home to Dallas.

We're heartbroken, angry, and in shock. It doesn't make sense, and it hurts beyond belief. My in-laws were high school sweethearts and have been together for more than 40 years. I can't even begin to imagine his grief.

We ask for your prayers, and thank all of you who have been praying for us. Donna was a beautiful, loving Christian woman, and we know she's in a better place, but she will be missed by all who knew her.

Donna, we love you and know we'll see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment