Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Surprise Vacation ... California Dreamin'

We've discussed the possibility of going somewhere over Memorial Weekend for months. We both had Friday and Monday off, making it the perfect opportunity for a getaway. We also knew we'd have no time to do this around our anniversary, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity. Steven decided that he needed to surprise me, so for weeks he plotted and planned the vacation, while I plotted and planned how to get him to tell me.


But he didn't. Wouldn't. Laughed at my pitiful attempts. I may or may not have sulked. 

But it was so worth it, when Thursday morning, before our last half day of work, he told me that we were off to San Deigo. I was beyond excited, ecstatic, or any other e-word that's appropriate here. I absolutely adore California. Every time I go there, I want to just have all of our stuff shipped to us and never leave. I'm sure Foster wouldn't mind the plane ride.  


Ok. So he would mind. But he'd get over it after a Scooby Snack or something. 

But I digress. 

So we worked our half day and took off for the airport. And we waited. And waited. And waited. The flights were awful. Apparently EVERYONE was dreamin' of California for Memorial Day.

So we waited some more. 

Then, a miracle happen. A flight got delayed coming into Dallas. 

A dozen people misconnected. 

We got on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment